Darkness in the Big Apple

This is a Rp based around the Dark side of New York city. You can be anything you want to be.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Affiliates
Latest topics
» One day at a time (Neal)
Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:40 pm by Neal Caffrey

» Back Again [anyone]
Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:12 am by Nate Adams

» Reality of life (Dan)
Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:09 am by Dr. Teddy Larsson

» Nathaniel Joseph Lee-Adams
Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:38 am by Nate Adams

» Demi Nicholson
Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:40 am by Demi Nicholson

» Peter Burke
Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:25 pm by Neal Caffrey

» Rosaline "Rosa" Emilia Catelani
Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:12 am by Jackson DeCarlo

» Neal George Caffrey
Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:24 pm by Neal Caffrey

» Jackson Gabriel DeCarlo
Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 am by Sabrina

Top posting users this week

Share | 

One day at a time (Neal)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Selena Caffrey

PostSubject: One day at a time (Neal)   Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Selena was out on the street today. Demi was at the little storage unit, that Selena and Demi had into their little home, since they had ran away from that sick foster home.

Selena was walking around looking for someone to do try out her new trick on. Selena and Demi were trying to find a way to find make money, and keep from starving, and they came up with pick pocketing. Selena was the first to go out and try it with, but getting her nerve up and pick the right person, was really getting her. She was a good girl that did not do this kinda thing, but now she had too. Selena pulled on her "Power Ranger" t-shirt and looked around. Seeing a man that was alone walking in her direction; she swallowed hard and knew it was now or never. She waited for him to get close enough and bumped into him. Slipping her hand into his jacket pocket and grabbed his wallet. She looked up and smiled sweetly, "sorry sir." She said sweetly batting her blue eyes at the blue eyed man. She had hoped he had not felt her lifting his wallet, but who knew.

(figured it might be a good way for Neal and her to meet.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neal Caffrey

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 pm

[great idea. my muse is ready and loading improvisation gun Very Happy]

~

Neal was walking down the street, eyeing people around for either anything suspicious or another easy mark. He knew FBI always loomed over so he had to be careful.
He'd just finished one of fast jobs and meantime had to suffice with pick pocketing.

Neal noticed a girl walking towards him and felt something was up, though he didn't show it.
And there it was. Her small hand swiftly snatched his wallet with the old 'sorry sir' and eye-batting. He smiled at her, noticing her blue eyes and dark hair, it felt somewhat familiar.
He shook the thought away and just as girl's hand returned to her he quickly reached out and grabbed his wallet and her hand.
"I'm not approving such actions, young lady." he said to the girl, who looked too young to be out on streets and becoming a criminal.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:36 pm

(Yay!!)

Selena had no idea how this man knew what she had done, but he did, and he quickly grabbed his wallet back, as well as her hand. She squealed at that action, because no one had done that to her before. She looked down when he spoke, "I'm sorry sir." She said weakly, because she had no idea what to say after that. What was she to say? There was nothing really to say. His eyes seemed so sweet and soft, but right now, she was a bit scared right now. Selena had no idea what to say or do right now.
Selena really wished she would have thought this through a little better.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Neal smirked at the girl. "Next time try not to pick fellow's pockets." he said, still holding her hand.
She seemed somewhat scared. He cocked his head to side, eyeing the beautiful girl.
"You seemed too young to be on the streets picking pockets." he stated. This kid seemed nice though.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Selena did not want to look at this man that just caught her. It was not good, and knowing he was a pick pocket himself was not good either. As he held onto her hand and then spoke to her, she looked up, with tears glistening in her blue eyes. "I don't have a choice... I know that does not sound like the truth, but it is." She said and tried to pull her hand away, because she wanted to just run right now. She was not wanting to stand here and talk with this guy, that could get her into a lot of trouble.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Neal could sense the struggle and kept his grip iron strong. He started to like this stubborn spirit that happened to choose his wallet from all the people snooping around just the moment he was trying to locate his own mark.

"Look, I don't want to get you in more trouble than you are already. And you seem too nice to be here." he said when an idea popped in his head.
"How about you come with me? I can get you food and place to stay." he offered. Of course, he didn't expect agreement right away, that'd be too much of sudden luck from the stars. "You aren't on police radar already?" he asked. Not everyday he met fellow pick pocket trying to pick his own pocket. Besides the wallet wasn't quite his anyway. He wouldn't miss it too much.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 am

Selena whined a little at his grip. She looked up at him with her sky blue eyes and bit her softly pink bottom lip. She was not really sure why he was holding onto her with such force, not that it hurt her much, but he was not letting her go.

At his offer her eyes widened. Why on earth did he want to have her with him like that? It did not make sense to her at all, unless he wanted to use her. Selena sighed deeply looking right at Neal. "What are you going to do to me, if not turn me in?" She asked looking at him with her best sweet innocent girl look. She did not want the cops into this, because she had a clean record and she did not need cops all over her. When this man asked if she had cops looking after her, she simply shook her head, "No sir." She said with her soft voice. She did not need this trouble right now. Demi was going to be worried.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 am

Neal smiled at her. Probably not his charmer smile since today he looked less shiny than he did other days. Ups and downs of a con's life isn't always keeping track.

"I have an idea." he said, looking around. "Don't worry I won't hurt you." he smiled at the frightened girl. He was a guy with a small problem, and seemed the girl had one her own.
He nodded when she said no cops.

"You have family, friends? Anyone missing you?" Neal asked. Faint sounds from afar made him look around. The street seemed empty.
But to avoid problems he pulled the girl into side alley, behind large container, so nobody could see them.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:53 am

Selena watched the man that had her arm still. She was not sure why this man was smiling at her like that, but it was charming. She was being charmed by the man that she just tried to steal from. It was wrong of her, but he seemed like he wanted to help her out of all this.

She looked at him, "Promise?" She asked after he told her, he would not hurt her. She had to make sure that he was being truthful, and not just some creep trying to get her to come back with him. That would not be good at all, but he was pretty hot, but she was just a little girl and he was a grown man Selena did not want that, if that was what he wanted, but then again, he might just be a good guy, that wanted to help a poor girl, Who knew?

Looking up with her crystal blue eyes, she met with his eyes and nodded a little. "A friend... Demi, I have no family, so yeah. Oh well the foster home I ran from might be looking for me." She said softly and shrugging softly. When he pulled her into the alley, she looked more scared then ever! What was this man going to do with her!

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:12 pm

"Scouts honor." Neal said with a smile.
The girl looked scared enough and he didn't quite had the heart to scare her even more.

"So you're on streets?" he asked. Not that it surprised him much. "Then we have something in common." Neal added.

He glanced around yet again. It wasn't safe to stay.
"Hey, listen, I'm not gonna hurt you or something. You can take the wallet. I'll get another one. Where's your friend?" his blue eyes gazed straight at the girl. She looked too scared to be left like that and Neal felt guilty. But staying at the same place today was too dangerous.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 pm

She looked at Neal and nodded slightly. She was not sure if she could believe him or not. She had no idea who this guy even was.

Selena nodded a little looking at him. "I am. my parents died so, I was in a foster care, and ran away." She said looking at him and smiled slightly.

She looked up and swallowed hard. "you are just giving me your wallet?" She asked shocked. She had no idea what this man was doing. He seemed like he cared for the girl, but why did he care? Why would he care about Selena?

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:07 am

Neal listened. It sounded so familiar.
He smiled reassuringly. "Then you should find your friend and stay with her. It's not safe around here today." Neal said still looking around and trying not to jump at every tiny noise.
"Yes, I give it to you. Take out all the money and dump it in nearest trash. Take only cash, no credit cards. I'll get another one." he assured. He better let her take the money than leave her without. He was too much of a gentleman to leave a young lady to the fate.

"Alright. Look, I stole something today and now I'm trying to stay alive long enough to sell it away so I no longer need to hide. But I'm also being chased by FBI. I don't want you to get in trouble you don't need only because you decided to steal from a fellow pick pocket. The owner of this money won't cry for this, believe me, that guy has awfully lot more. Besides, you need it even more than I do." he hoped it would calm the girl down. She looked too innocent and too pure for a cruel life on streets. He like he needed to help her.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:01 am

She looked at him and sighed deeply. If he only knew her fate and all it held. "My friend is in a storage unit staying, that is why I am out here. To get some money for food, nether of us have ate in like two days." She said looking down. She was not trying to make him feel sorry for her, and she was unsure of why she was telling him any of this, but she was. She took the wallet when he offered it to her and bit on her lip, "Are you sure?" She asked; it seemed weird that he was offering her this wallet now.

Selena looked at him and smiled a little. "Do you need some help? I can maybe help you with selling it." She said looking at the man. She needed money bad, to get food and warm clothes. The storage unit her and Demi were in, got really cold at night and she was not wanting her friend to get sick, just because of her. It would not be right. She pleaded with her big blue eyes, for him to let her help. She was not sure how to help, but she could do something little at least, to get a little money at least. It might even help her find her brother, who knew?

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Neal's eyes widened. Two homeless girls in a storage unit that probably was even colder than his own and without food, that felt even harsher.
"There's enough money in this wallet that could last for couple days on hot tea and some decent food. I could help you get more." he mused. As much as he was criminal it wasn't in his heart to leave such young girls on their own, especially in this weather.

Neal sighed. "It's dangerous. I could get you into more trouble you probably already are. I could get you to my place, it's smaller than other storage unit I have but it's warmer and actually suits well for living in." he knew he needed help with selling stuff and probably girl could help but yet again his gentleman heart feared to pull someone else into his troubles that quite soon could blew up in his face.
But her pleading blue eyes, he noticed looked quite much as his own, were literally melting his heart.
With another sigh he braced himself for decision he didn't want to regret just because someone could die if the goons catch up, and he'd be the one shielding innocent souls.
"Alright." Neal finally said. "You can help me. For now you can keep the money. But I can't let you two die from cold or starvation. You need to come with me and I'll get a place you two can stay warm and fed." he offered. "So?" now he was looking back with his own heart-melting blue gaze.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 am

Selena watched Neal, seeing his eyes widened she wondered what his eyes widened for like that. Had he never heard of someone being homeless?
When he spoke of the wallet and money again, she looked down at it and nodded, “It does look like enough. Thank you again. I can’t thank you enough really, if you want to be honest.” She said as her blue eyes shines in the little light that was in the alley. Sighing softly she shoved the money into her pocket and looked back up at him once more, ”I’m Selena by the way.” She said holding out her soft little hand
Selena nodded when Neal said it was dangerous, “I get it’s dangerous, but what is more dangerous? Two girls living out on their own, or me going out and working with you, to help my friend?” She asked trying her hardest not to sound like a smart ass, because that was not how she meant it. She just wanted to prove a point.
When he finally said she could help, she could not hold back. She quickly wrapped her arms around the man, giving him a tight hug, “Thank you so much!” She said pulling up with a huge dazzling smile on her stunning face. She could not believe this man was being so sympathetic, “You would take two teenage girls under your wing?” Selena asked stunned. She had no idea what this man wanted. It started making her feel that he wanted something more for them. She just was not sure.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Neal tried to shook himself inwardly. He truly needed help with selling the diamonds and paintings and some statues. And he definately felt he'd be able to help two poor souls surviving, at least for a while.
He shook his head slightly, to get the dark thoughts away, and smiled at the little but determined girl.
"It's dangerous either way. Two young girls in a dark, cold world is currently least problem. I can help with that. But it's me who's attacting danger. I am a pure trouble magnet and I still can feel consequences from my previous encounter." he told. Being shot definately counted dangerous trouble. Even if he happened to be there only by pure accident and stole painting only allegedly. "Yeah, I am danger magnet, Selena."

He smiled at the simple gesture from the girl. It made him feel warm suddenly.
"Yes, Selena, I am. By the way, I'm Neal." he said for a change giving his real name. He felt he could trust Selena and was slightly tired from giving out aliases.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selena Caffrey

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Selena looked at him and sighed, "Living on the streets alone, is not lease dangerous." She said looking at him; it was not lease danerous at all. Maybe to this man it was, but really how was it? They could get killed just like if they were helping him. it would not matter, so she would rather help and get some money then just live on the streets with nothing at all.

She looked up at him and sightly nodded at his name. A lost look appered onto her face. "That's funny, I am looking for my half broth that is named Neal." She said smiling brightly at him. She had no idea she had found her long lost brother.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:20 am

Neal looked at this lovely girl and smiled. "Guess you're right. In this world anything can be dangerous and kill you. It's nothing new." he had to admitt Selena had a point. Maybe her presence will help.

"Really?" he asked surprised. He suddenly smiled brighter. "Maybe I can help you find him? What's his full name?" Neal asked, ready to help, not knowing he was the lost brother.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:30 am

Nodding with satisfaction she looked up at Neal. It was true really, the streets were not safe, but neither was foster homes. No where was truly safe if one wanted to be honest. One's home with family was not safe, so she did not care about that at all.

"Well my dad said my brother changed his last name to his mother's. So Neal George Caffrey." She said looking at the man, that was her brother. She truly had no idea, this man would change her life for the better.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Neal paled suddenly, hearing Selena's words. He couldn't believe his ears.
"Oh my..." he gasped, suddenly struggling to stay upright.
He had no idea that he has a sister. And what was most shocking she happened to try pick the wallet he had picked and that it exactly him.
He didn't believe miracles but now there was possibility he will change his mind.
"I can't believe this... oh my..." Neal's legs finally gave out and he slid down the wall. His blue eyes turned to Selena, his sister he didn't know about. So that's why she reminded him of someone, and why he felt so easy around her.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:29 am

Selena jumped a little seeing Neal slide down the wall. She was not sure why his legs gave out like they did, but what could she do? She could not caught him at all, but she rushed to him after, "Are you ok?" She asked looking at him, as she touched his arm gently with her soft warm hand. Honesty she was cold, not freezing, but she was cold, but her hand held a warm touch.
"What can't you believe?" She asked softly as she watched him soon, sat down next to him, "Do you knew my brother?" She asked not putting one and one together. She was not thinking clear right now, everything was cloudy at the moment for the young girl.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:36 am

He couldn't speak, the emotions taking over. Neal wasn't good with emotions. Never been. They made him vulnerable and for a conman his league it was disturbing factor. He had to be the impeccable and elusive to stay on top of his game.
Right now he didn't care.

"I think I'm your brother." he managed to say. He never believe miracles, but this was.
As a little boy he had prayed God to bring him sister so he wouldn't feel alone and could have someone to love. Now it seemed he did listened his prayer after all.
"I'm Neal George Bennett. I changed my last name to Caffrey because of dad." he said in a whisper. His bright blue eyes stared back at Selena slowly filling with tears he fought back desperately.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:48 am

Selena watched him, "You think you are my brother?" She asked looking at him.
When she heard his old name her heart stopped right then and there. She could not believe she had found her brother. She swallowed hard and looked into his eyes, "I'm Selena Bennett. Why did you change your name to Caffrey?" She asked turning her head to one side. She really needed to get to know this man.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:07 am

Neal just looked at Selena with wide eyes.
Hearing her last name gave enough to get it, and he nearly laughed.
"I changed it to get away. My father wasn't a good person and I needed new start somewhere. At least my mom was worth to keep her name." he said, his gaze turning away, feeling sad memories coming.
"That scumbag never told about his side adventures so I never knew. And then I was told he's dead. I didn't believe, still don't. But I don't care. Not anymore." Neal admitted. He had never talked about it before. But for once it felt good. And he had sister. That thought alone ignited spark of hope in his heart.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:03 am

Selena nodded slowly as he watched him, "I know what you mean. He left my mom when he found out that she was pregnant with me. Makes you know what kind of man he really was. Now that my mom passed away with Cancer, I now live on the streets." She said looking at Neal, "So what was your mother like?" She asked wanting to change the subject off their low life father.
She did not want to hurt him at all, or bring old memories back into his mind. She knew how she felt about her father so that was not something she wanted to talk about it either.

PostSubject: Re: One day at a time (Neal)   

Back to top Go down

One day at a time (Neal)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next