Darkness in the Big Apple

This is a Rp based around the Dark side of New York city. You can be anything you want to be.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Affiliates
Latest topics
» One day at a time (Neal)
Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:40 pm by Neal Caffrey

» Back Again [anyone]
Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:12 am by Nate Adams

» Reality of life (Dan)
Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:09 am by Dr. Teddy Larsson

» Nathaniel Joseph Lee-Adams
Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:38 am by Nate Adams

» Demi Nicholson
Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:40 am by Demi Nicholson

» Peter Burke
Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:25 pm by Neal Caffrey

» Rosaline "Rosa" Emilia Catelani
Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:12 am by Jackson DeCarlo

» Neal George Caffrey
Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:24 pm by Neal Caffrey

» Jackson Gabriel DeCarlo
Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 am by Sabrina

Top posting users this week

Share | 

A new patient (Dan)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:24 am

Teddy ran a hand through her blonde hair as she walked to the next patient's room. Dan Salvatore, a new heroin addict. He had been there for some time, not a long time, but still; but another doctor had taken care of him until then. Only that said doctor had left and Teddy had to take on some of his cases. She was very tired and this could probably be seen in her appearance, her kind of messy hair and her small eyes. But she was a professional and was supposed to do her job right.
She gave a short knock on the door, before she walked in, looking at the patient's charts all the time. "Hello," she greeted. "Dan Salvatore?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dan Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:38 am

Dan was in rehab for only half a day now and he was starting to go through withdrawals. Sweating, depression, and vomiting. He could not believe this was happening, it hurt and he wanted his fix so bad. He needed it, so bad that is was hurting. He knew he was not at the hardest part had started. It was yet to come.

He looked up at the girl that entered his room. "Hi." He said rubbing his hand over his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:43 am

When the patient greeted back, Teddy understood that this was the patient she was looking for. She walked inside and shut the door behind her, then finally raised her eyes from his charts. She had to take a deep breath when she saw him; so young and in such a miserable estate. But she didn't say anything. She pulled a chair and sat down, not too far away from him.
"Hello, Mr.Salvatore. I'm Dr.Theodora Larsson, I'll be your doctor during your staying here," she told him.

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:46 am

"Nice to meet you." He said shaking now. He looked at her and sighed a little looking at his shaking hands that were dripping with sweat. He hated this and wanted the pain to stop. He never thought this was going to be him. Never going to be the one in some rehab like a loser, like a low life. Not him, or so he thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:49 am

Teddy swallowed slightly seeing that Dan was already shaking and sweating. His eyes were red and he was surely in pain.
"It says here that you are addicted to heroin. Well, I am here to help you. Can you tell me when you first used this drug?" she asked gently, looking at him.

Last edited by Dr. Teddy Larsson on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dan Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:52 am

He looked at her and sighed. "I think that first time was when I was about sixteen, but if you mean... Any drug then about the age 12 I would say." He said rubbing his reden eyes now. He looked down again and shook his head. "I want this to stop."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 am

Teddy looked at him gently. He was young, he was handsome and he had let drugs ruin his life. It was not easy to see that, but she was a professional and she only wanted to help each and every patient who had been assigned to her.
"Okay," she said with a slight nod. "And when did you last use it?"

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:58 am

"Last night... Before my friend dragged me in here." he said rocking back and fort on the bed now trying to stop the pain. He never thought this would hurt so much. He just wished he could have one more shot. Just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:03 am

Teddy nodded slowly at his words. When he started rocking back and forth, she gently took his hand in hers. She didn't know what had made her do that, because she didn't do it usually.
"Last night, that means about... twelve hours," she said, looking at him. "Technically, your withdrawal has not started yet, you'd have to wait for at least another twelve hours to start with Suboxone, it's good medication. But I can see that you are in pain, so I can give you something easier, okay?"

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:10 am

"Please make the pain stop." He said rocking. "It hurts so bad. Let me have just a little heron." He said looking at her as he moved not stopping. He was hurting and he could not take anymore pain, and yet it was not at it's worst yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:16 am

Teddy swallowed and gently shook her head. She put the charts down on his bed and held his hand in both her hands. He had such a soft hand...
"I'm sorry, I can't do that," she told him. "But I will make it bearable, okay? I'll give you something easy before the real treatment starts," she said, then started to get up from her chair.

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:26 am

Dan sniffled nodding his head, till she got up. "No don't leave me. Please don't leave me alone." He said holding onto her hand tight. He could not stand to be alone anymore in this life. He could not anymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:32 am

Teddy swallowed when he started holding onto her hand. She also had other patients to see, but it was no rush, in all honesty. Not to mention that this one had touched her deeper than others and she had no idea why. But he was so young, so handsome, so strong, and so miserable at the moment. She gave a slow nod as she sat back down on the chair, not letting go of his hand.
"Okay, okay..." she said softly. "I will tell a nurse to bring the medication, okay?"

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:36 am

He nodded looking at her. "thank you." He said softly and held her hand. He looked around a little and rubbed his eyes again with the other hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:38 am

Teddy nodded, gently stroking his hand with her thumb. She called a nurse and quickly told her what to bring, then turned her attention back to the young man.
"Mr.Salvatore..." she said softly. She decided that they didn't know each other, so it was better to call him this way. "Why did you start doing drugs?"

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 am

He looked at the doctor and seen how beautiful she was. "Call me Dan." he said and sighed hearing her question. "My parents never cared about me. They always left me with the nanny and did not care. I just got in with a group of kids that gave me weed. It made life better." He said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:49 am

Teddy, for the first time, looked straight at his face. She had noticed that he was handsome and all, but now, she could see every expression, she could see his beautiful brown eyes and his lovely curls cupping his face. She kept rubbing his hand with her thumb as he spoke. She swallowed and nodded slightly.
"What do you do, Dan? Apart from this addiction you will get rid of," she said. She was not a counselor, she was a physician, but she could talk to this patient. Only this one...

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:53 am

"I am a Poet." He said looking at her. He sighed a little and looked down. "Why do you do this? Deal with druggies?" He asked looking at her. He wanted to know about this woman as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:10 pm

Teddy's hands kept holding Dan's as he spoke. A small smile appeared in the corners of her lips when she heard that he was a poet. This was so beautiful, and instead of being in that rehab, he could be in a whole different place at the moment. At his question, her shoulders slightly raised as she sighed a bit.
"I... don't know," she replied honestly with a slight smile. She wanted to make him feel at least a little bit better, with words and gestures, because medication would help only later. "I didn't know any addict before I started doing this. I guess you are all interesting and you have great stories behind. I mean, look at you. You are a poet. That's a gift, not everyone can do this," she spoke gently, holding his hand and looking at his face all the time.

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:28 am

He nodded sightly and looked at her. "I guess so." He said rubbing her hand. He was not sure why he became this way. He did not want this. He wanted to be good and rich by now on his way. With no family help. Well here he was, no family, poor, in rehab, and down on his luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:31 am

Teddy smiled softly when he started gently rubbing her hand. This approach was nice, and also unexpected, seeing that she had never got so close to a patient. She was not a counselor, she was a doctor, it was not part of her job. She glanced at their hands, then looked back at his face.
"Tell me something, Dan," she said gently. "After you leave this rehab, do you plan on doing drugs again?"

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:31 am

He looked at her. "I don't know. This place was not in my plans at all. I do not plan on being in here the whole time." He said nodding his head a little as he looked at her. He did not want to be here at all and hated his friend for bring him here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:35 am

Teddy swallowed a bit, gently stroking his soft hand with her thumb. His eyes were red, his hair was messy and he was all sweaty. It was never easy to see a young person this miserable, but it was especially painful with this particular patient.
"Dan..." she said gently. "I am not a counselor, I'm a doctor, so my job is not to talk. So if you want me to stop doing that, you have to just tell me and I'll leave, okay?" She didn't want to push him into anything, she didn't want to make him listen to her if he didn't want that. "But I think that your friend did a good thing to bring you in here. You are a poet, you can reach so many peaks doing what you love. You don't have to hide behind... drugs," she said, looking into his beautiful brown eyes.

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:41 am

He looked at her and nodded. "I know to a point he did right, but really it is my life." He said and looked at her. "I do not hid behind my drugs, and please don't leave." He said looking into her eyes watching her. He loved her eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Teddy Larsson

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:45 am

Teddy nodded slowly as she listened to him. This patient had somehow managed to touch her heart, only by his words, and his hand holding hers. She felt like her eyes were going to water soon, despite the fact that she was not the type to do that.
"It is your life, you're right," she told him with a nod. When he told her to stay though, a smile pulled on her lips. "Okay... Okay, I won't leave," she said as she kept stroking his hand. She hoped to help him feel at least a little bit better, seeing that she couldn't give him proper medication for the next twelve hours.

PostSubject: Re: A new patient (Dan)   

Back to top Go down

A new patient (Dan)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darkness in the Big Apple :: Rehab :: Drug-
Jump to: